Puerto Rico - Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA)
BAH is only paid in the United States. As Puerto Rico is a territory so you will get Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA).
The Overseas Housing Allowance (OHA) is paid to Service members living in private housing at overseas duty stations.
OHA helps offset housing costs, consisting of:
- Utility and recurring maintenance expenses
- Move-in housing allowance (MIHA)
- MIHA Misc: Up front, lump sum payment covering average move-in costs
- MIHA Rent: Acquisition fees, dollar for dollar reimbursement
- MIHA Security: High crime/threat areas only as determined by the Department of State
Although there is a separate allowance for rent and utilities, housing allowances appear as a single amount in a pay statement.
To calculate OHA, visit the OHA calculator
Share this page:
BAH Calculator, 2017 - Know Your Housing Allowance